Are you looking for some cookies to make at home?
Homemade cookies are the best, and these apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies look healthy enough to be eaten without guilt!Jump to Recipe
I start with soft butter and use a handheld mixer to cream it with brown sugar. But you could do it by hand (I did when filming the video for this recipe). I then add the egg and the vanilla.
If you want to do things by the book, mix the flour, oats, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl, and then mix into the wet mixture with a wooden spoon.
I do it the lazy style: everything into one bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. It works and, honestly, who needs an extra bowl to clean?
Then, add the chopped apple. I use a granny smith because that’s what I usually have at hand. But use any apple you have.
All there’s left to do is form into balls and bake until golden!
Other cookie recipes you may like:
I hope you give this recipe a try! Share your creations with me on Instagram @beetherush_!
And don’t forget to check out the video I created for this recipe, so you can see how I make it! Find my YouTube channel here.
Simple Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal CookiesCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
Simple And Delicious Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
100 g butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 200º. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Desseed and chop the apple into small pieces. You may peel it, but I usually don’t.
- Beat the light brown sugar and the butter, until creamy. Mix in one egg and the vanilla.
- Add the all-purpose flour, the rolled oats, the baking powder, and the cinnamon and mix until combined. Stir in the apple.
- Divide the dough into 20 balls, place them in the baking sheets and press down lightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Check out my YouTube Channel
I share my ovo lacto vegetarian recipes and my experiences traveling as a vegetarian. Also, I will probably try to show you my cats (sorry about that)! If you’re vegetarian, or curious about vegetarian food, consider subscribing.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Sofia!
I love vegetarian food and traveling. Also, cats. Mostly cats. I hope you enjoy my recipes!