Caldo Verde is one of my favorite Traditional Portuguese Soups! It’s usually not vegetarian, but I came up with a vegetarian alternative that’s equally delicious!Jump to Recipe
I hope you give this recipe a try! Share your creations with me on Instagram @beetherush_!
And don’t forget to check out the video I created for this recipe, so you can see how I make it! Find my YouTube channel here.
Caldo VerdeCourse: Lunch, DinnerDifficulty: Easy
2 garlic cloves
1/2 vegetarian chorizo
(about) 2l water
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Collard greens (to taste, I use about 20 leaves)
- Peel four potatoes, one onion, and two garlic cloves. Cut the potatoes and onion into big chunks. Add everything to a pan and cover with water.
- Add half a vegetarian chorizo. Season with salt (to taste, I used a teaspoon) and add about a tablespoon of olive oil. Let it simmer until the veggies are soft.
- Prepare the collard greens. Wash them and remove the stem. Layer them on top of each other and roll them like a cigar. Slice them as thinly as possible.
- Once the veggies are cooked, carefully remove the chorizo and puree the soup with a stick blender. Then, add the collard greens and let them cook until tender, mixing occasionally.
- Cut the chorizo into slices. Serve the Caldo Verde and add some chorizo slices and a drizzle of olive oil!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Sofia!
I love vegetarian food and traveling. Also, cats. Mostly cats. I hope you enjoy my recipes!