I call this recipe The Next Level Bolognese Sauce because it is made with the Next Level Mince, which is a brand you can find at LIDL! Not an original name, but It makes up for it in tastiness!
I used my TVP bolognese sauce recipe, with a few adjustments. You can find the original recipe here »»»
And don’t forget to check out the video I created for this recipe, so you can see how I make it! Find my YouTube channel here.
I hope you give this recipe a try! Share your creations with me on Instagram @beetherush_!
The Next Level Bolognese SauceCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
Tasty vegan bolognese sauce made with the next level vegan minced from Lidl.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 celery stalk
1⁄3 cup red wine
275g Next Level Vegan Mince
1 can tomato puree
1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
2 teaspoons tomato paste
10g dark chocolate
- Chop the onion, the carrot, and the celery. Add them to a pan, along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes and then add 2 minced garlic cloves. Let it cook for a few more minutes until the vegetables soften.
- Add the wine to the pan and let it reduce.
- Add the mince. I like to break it into small pieces, but by all means, dump it all in at once, it’s your call. Let it cook for about 10 minutes, mixing it occasionally and breaking it with a spoon or spatula.
- Add a can of tomato puree (crushed tomatoes would be nice too if you care for a little more texture) and a can of water.
- Season it with salt and pepper to taste, add the tomato paste and the dark chocolate, and let it come to a simmer.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 min, or until the sauce thickens and the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
Here’s the video with the original recipe:
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Sofia!
I love vegetarian food and traveling. Also, cats. Mostly cats. I hope you enjoy my recipes!