This vegetarian quinoa and roasted veggie bowl is one of my favorite savory ways of enjoying butternut squash.
This is not only delicious as in actually reheats very well the next day. Also, since I’m the self-proclaimed queen of the leftovers, I had this the next with some noodles and sriracha.Jump to Recipe
ROASTING THE VEGGIES
I recommend you start by roasting the veggies, as it is the most time-consuming part of the recipe. Then, when they’re in the oven, you can go about making the quinoa and chopping the walnuts.
Start by peeling and chopping the butternut, the onion, the potato, and the carrot into cubes. Chefs will tell you to cut everything in the same size so it cooks evenly, but:
- I’m not a chef;
- I don’t have the skils;
- I like to have some soft and some firm veggies.
The only tricky part of this recipe is peeling the butternut squash. Please be super careful. If you get distracted, you’ll cut a finger off and I can’t live with that weigh in my conscience.
Place the veggies onto a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and garam masala. Add olive oil and mix until everything is covered in the seasoning.
Place in the oven at 200º, for 30 to 35 minutes.
COOKING THE QUINOA
Meanwhile, to a small pan, add one cup of quinoa and two cups of water. Make sure you rinse the quinoa with a fine-mesh sieve, otherwise it will taste bitter! Let it come to a boil. Then lower the heat and let it cook for 15-20 minutes. Then, season the quinoa with some salt and mix it with a fork.
To serve, start with some quinoa. On top, serve some roasted veggies. Finish by sprinkling with chopped walnuts.
Alternatively, mix everything together and serve as a salad.
SWEET BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE
- Roasted Butternut Squash Puree
- Roasted Butternut Squash Waffles
- Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Pancakes
- Butternut Squash & Pumpkin Spice Pie
- Roasted Butternut & Chocolate Chunk Cookies
I hope you give this recipe a try! Share your creations with me on Instagram @beetherush_!
And don’t forget to check out the video I created for this recipe, so you can see how I make it! Find my YouTube channel here.
Simple And Cozy Vegetarian Quinoa And Roasted Veggie BowlCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
Simple And Cozy Vegetarian Quinoa And Roasted Veggie Bowl.
- ROASTED VEGGIES
1 small butternut squash
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
pinch cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garam masala
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ªF).
- Peel, deseed, and cut the butternut squash into small cubes. Peel the onion, the carrot, and the potato, and cut them into cubes.
- Place the veggies on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and garam masala.
- Add the olive oil and mix until everything is covered with the seasoning. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa (use a fine-mesh sieve) and add it to a small pan, along with 2 cups of water. Let it come to a boil and then lower the heat and let it cook for 15-20 minutes. Then, add the salt and mix with a fork.
- Chop half a cup of walnuts.
- Serve the quinoa, topped with veggies and walnuts. Alternatively, mix everything and serve it as a quinoa salad.
- Don’ forget to rinse the quinoa, or it will taste bitter (or so I’ve heard!)
Check out my YouTube Channel
I share my ovo lacto vegetarian recipes and my experiences traveling as a vegetarian. Also, I will probably try to show you my cats (sorry about that)! If you’re vegetarian, or curious about vegetarian food, consider subscribing.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Sofia!
I love vegetarian food and traveling. Also, cats. Mostly cats. I hope you enjoy my recipes!