I use this roasted butternut squash puree to make cakes, cookies, pies, waffles, pancakes, crumble bars, oats and, really, anything pumpkin related!
You may also have it plain, as a side dish.
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH PUREECourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
1 butternut squash
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the ends of a clean butternut squash. Then, cut in half leghtwise. Scoop the seeds and the stringy bits from each half. I use an ice cream scoop.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, the honey, the pumpkin spice and a pinch of salt. Microwave for 30 seconds and mix until combined.
- Transfer the butternut squash, cut side up, into the baking sheet and brush with the melted mix.
- Roast for 40 to 50 minutes or until fork tender.
- Allow to cool and then scoop the flesh from the skin and mash it with a fork.