To me, these look and taste like fall. They are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. And not too sweet, with just enough spice.
I like mine with some honey, paired with warm, cozy, tea. Or sprinkled with powdered sugar and cinnamon. Or just plain. But, by all means, enjoy them with your favorite toppings.
HOMEMADE ROASTED BUTTERNUT WAFFLESCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
Fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside roasted butternut squash and pumpkin spice waffles.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup oat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, the oat milk, the butternut squash puree, the vegetable oil, and the honey.
- Add the oat flour, the all-purpose flour, the baking powder, and the pumpkin spice, and fold to incorporate.
- Heat the waffle iron and brush with vegetable oil.
- Spread 1/2 a cup of the batter over the waffle iron and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool to keep them crispy.
- If you use regular pumpkin spice puree, adjust the amount of pumpkin spice, adding a bit more or no so much, depending on which puree you’re using. I use this one.