To me, these roasted butternut waffles look and taste like fall. They are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. And not too sweet, with just enough spice.
I like mine with some honey, paired with warm, cozy, tea. Or sprinkled with powdered sugar and cinnamon. Or just plain. But, by all means, enjoy them with your favorite toppings.
I hope you give this recipe a try! Share your creations with me on Instagram @beetherush_!
And don’t forget to check out the video I created for this recipe, so you can see how I make it! Find my YouTube channel here.
HOMEMADE ROASTED BUTTERNUT WAFFLESCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
Fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside roasted butternut squash and pumpkin spice waffles.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup oat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, the oat milk, the butternut squash puree, the vegetable oil, and the honey.
- Add the oat flour, the all-purpose flour, the baking powder, and the pumpkin spice, and fold to incorporate.
- Heat the waffle iron and brush with vegetable oil.
- Spread 1/2 a cup of the batter over the waffle iron and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool to keep them crispy.
- If you use regular pumpkin spice puree, adjust the amount of pumpkin spice, adding a bit more or no so much, depending on which puree you’re using. I use this one.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Sofia!
I love vegetarian food and traveling. Also, cats. Mostly cats. I hope you enjoy my recipes!
5 thoughts on “Homemade Roasted Butternut Waffles”
Pingback: Pampushky - Olia Hercules - My Tribute To The Ukrainian People |
Pingback: My Break From YouTube And My Plans For The Future |
Pingback: Oat Flour Chia Seed Pancakes |
Pingback: Quick And Easy Cornbread Waffles |
Pingback: Carrot Walnut Muffins |