I grew up eating delicious traditional Portuguese pumpkin desserts. But I’ve never had pumpkin spice pie until I baked one myself.
I chose a cookie and butter crust, although a quick google search leads me to believe this is not a typical crust for pumpkin pie. I thought it would pair incredibly well because, like squash, it has an autumnal feel to it.
And I used butternut squash because I’m currently in love with my roasted butternut squash puree and I use it for everything!
I hope you give this recipe a try! Share your creations with me on Instagram @beetherush_!
And don’t forget to check out the video I created for this recipe, so you can see how I make it! Find my YouTube channel here.
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH PIECourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Cookie crust, pumpkin spice, roasted butternut pie.
300g digestive biscuits
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1 and 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash puree
1 can condensed milk (397g)
1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- Preheat the oven to 180º.
- To a food processor, add 300g of digestive biscuits, 100g of butter and half a teaspoon of pumpkin spice. Mix until you achieve fine crumbs. Press the mix into a 28cm pie pan with a removable bottom, using the back of a spoon.
- In a bowl, mix 1 and 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash puree, 1 can condensed milk, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 40 minutes. After 10 to 15 minutes of baking, cover the pie with aluminum foil to prevent the edges from burning.
- If you don’t own a food processor, put the cookies in a sealed bad and smash them with a rolling pin. Mix with the remaining ingredients in a big bowl.