I love crispy roasted potatoes! I could, for sure, have them in a big bowl for dinner and be perfectly happy. Nothing else needed! But, being an adult, I reluctantly accept I might need something else. So, I came up with this simple roasted tofu and potatoes recipe, perfect for stress-free weekday dinners.Jump to Recipe
About pressing the tofu: I know we should do it, I sometimes do, and I frequently don’t. It is still delicious, and we all been a bit too tired or a bit too lazy to spend more than five minutes prepping dinner. Here’s my point: you may skip this step if you’re in a hurry or just a bit lazy. Just make sure you buy firm tofu.
I hope you give this recipe a try! Share your creations with me on Instagram @beetherush_!
And don’t forget to check out the video I created for this recipe, so you can see how I make it! Find my YouTube channel here.
ROASTED TOFU AND POTATOESCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
Easy Tofu and potatoes bake.
500g firm tofu
4 cups sliced potatoes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
pinch of cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut the tofu into two blocks and cover each one with paper towels. Press the tofu for 15 min between two plates with something heavy on top.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and cut the tofu into 1 and 1/2 cm cubes.
- To a bowl, add the tofu, the potatoes, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, a pinch of cayenne pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix until the tofu and potatoes are well coated with the seasoning.
- Spread the tofu and potatoes onto the baking tray, keeping them in one even layer.
- Bake, flipping the tofu and potatoes halfway, for 45min or until crispy and golden.
- I don’t peel the potatoes, you could if you wanted to, but who needs the extra work? I know I don’t.
- Skip the pressing of the tofu, if you’re in a hurry. Make sure you use firm tofu.