I love crispy roasted potatoes! I could, for sure, have them in a big bowl for dinner and be perfectly happy. Nothing else needed! But, being an adult, I reluctantly accept I might need something else. So, I came up with this simple roasted tofu and potatoes recipe, perfect for stress-free weekday dinners.Jump to Recipe
About pressing the tofu: I know we should do it, I sometimes do, and I frequently don’t. It is still delicious, and we all been a bit too tired or a bit too lazy to spend more than five minutes prepping dinner. Here’s my point: you may skip this step if you’re in a hurry or just a bit lazy. Just make sure you buy firm tofu.
I hope you give this recipe a try! Share your creations with me on Instagram @beetherush_!
And don’t forget to check out the video I created for this recipe, so you can see how I make it! Find my YouTube channel here.
ROASTED TOFU AND POTATOESCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
Easy Tofu and potatoes bake.
500g firm tofu
4 cups sliced potatoes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
pinch of cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut the tofu into two blocks and cover each one with paper towels. Press the tofu for 15 min between two plates with something heavy on top.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and cut the tofu into 1 and 1/2 cm cubes.
- To a bowl, add the tofu, the potatoes, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, a pinch of cayenne pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix until the tofu and potatoes are well coated with the seasoning.
- Spread the tofu and potatoes onto the baking tray, keeping them in one even layer.
- Bake, flipping the tofu and potatoes halfway, for 45min or until crispy and golden.
- I don’t peel the potatoes, you could if you wanted to, but who needs the extra work? I know I don’t.
- Skip the pressing of the tofu, if you’re in a hurry. Make sure you use firm tofu.
3 thoughts on “Roasted Tofu And Potatoes”
200F is too low. Very thinly sliced potatoes were not done in 45 minutes. Usual roasting temperatures for sliced potatoes average around 400F.
Hi there! It’s 200ºC, not 200ºF. I’ve edited the recipe and added the C to make it easier :).
Pingback: Easy Vegetarian Dinner | Roasted Tofu And Potatoes | How To Roast Tofu In The Oven | Beet The Rush