These cookies are soft and crumbly and they happen to fit right in the “pumpkin spice everything” mood I get in around fall and winter. They are a bit like tiny cakes and I respect that about them. I love a crispy cookie as much as anyone else, but there’s a time and a place for everything. And right now, it’s time for some delicious roasted butternut squash chocolate chunk cookies!
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIESCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
Soft and crumbly roasted butternut squash chocolate chunk cookies.
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup roasted butternut squash puree
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/2 cup chopped dark or milk chocolate
- Heat the oven to 200º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the light brown sugar, the granulated sugar and the butter, until creamy.
- Mix in one egg. Add the vanilla, the roasted butternut squash puree and 1 cup of flour and mix until combined.
- Beat in the remaining flour, the baking powder and the pumpkin spice. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the dough into 24 balls and place in the baking sheets.
- Bake for 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- I use my roasted butternut squash puree but you should probably be able to use regular pumpkin puree.