Winter is coming and I’m craving warm and cozy soup. And let’s face the facts: when am I not in need of comforting lasagna?
If you ever find yourself in the same predicament, this comfy, one-pot, vegetarian lasagna soup is the most delicious answer!Jump to Recipe
Other recipes you may like:
Are you curious about how this Vegetarian Lasagna Soup turns out when cooked on the manifold of a 90-year-old car?
The Vintage Vegetarian did just that in the video below! While you’re there, subscribe to his channel, he makes amazing vegetarian fast food reviews!
I hope you give this recipe a try! Share your creations with me on Instagram @beetherush_!
And don’t forget to check out the video I created for this recipe, so you can see how I make it! Find my YouTube channel here.
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA SOUPCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
1/2 cup soy mince (TVP)
1/2 cup red lentils
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato puree
10g dark chocolate
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 vegetable stock cube
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon of vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- In a small bowl, mix the soy mince, the red lentils, 2 cups of water and the soy sauce. Let it soak for at least half an hour.
- Chop the onion and add it to a pan, along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes and then add 2 minced garlic cloves, letting them cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, the tomato puree and 2 cans off water.
- Season with salt, pepper, dried oregano, dried basil and dried thyme. Add the dark chocolate, the tomato paste, the crumbled vegetable stock cube and the vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. Let it come to a simmer.
- Drain the soy mince and lentils and add them to the pan. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the noodles, broken into bite sized pieces. Stir them frequently and let the soup cook for another 10 minutes.
- Top with mozzarella and enjoy!
- Please, for the love of soup, don’t throw all the noodles in at the same time, they will stick together, be gentle and don’t forget to stir them.
Check out my YouTube Channel
I share my ovo lacto vegetarian recipes and my experiences traveling as a vegetarian. Also, I will probably try to show you my cats (sorry about that)! If you’re vegetarian, or curious about vegetarian food, consider subscribing.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Sofia!
I love vegetarian food and traveling. Also, cats. Mostly cats. I hope you enjoy my recipes!