Tofu à Brás is a tofu dish inspired by a traditional Portuguese recipe called bacalhau à Brás, which is made with codfish, but we’re making it vegetarian, so we are using tofu!Jump to Recipe
I hope you give this recipe a try! Share your creations with me on Instagram @beetherush_!
Tofu à BrasCourse: RECIPES
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon of olive oil
250g firm tofu
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Peel and slice the potatoes into strips. Add them to a bowl with cold water.
- To a large pan, add vegetable oil (about 3 cm) and let it come to a simmer. Drain the potatoes and then pat them dry. Fry the potatoes in small batches until golden brown. Remove them and let them drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the onion and the garlic cloves. Saute them over medium heat along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 5 minutes. Crumble 250g of firm tofu into the pan. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat 2 eggs.
- To the pan, add the potatoes, and the eggs. Stir for a couple of minutes to prevent the eggs from catching to the bottom of the pan. Cook until there are no more raw eggs in the pan. Mix in 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Serve with black olives scattered on top.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Sofia!
I love vegetarian food and traveling. Also, cats. Mostly cats. I hope you enjoy my recipes!