Are you looking for some simple and delicious apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies to make at home?
Homemade cookies are the best, and these apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies look healthy enough to be eaten without guilt!Jump to Recipe
I start with soft butter and use a handheld mixer to cream it with brown sugar. But you could do it by hand (I did it when filming the video for this recipe). I then add the egg and the vanilla.
If you want to do things by the book, mix the flour, oats, baking powder, and cinnamon in a bowl, and then mix into the wet mixture with a wooden spoon.
I do it the lazy style: everything into one bowl and mix it with a wooden spoon. It works and, honestly, who needs an extra bowl to clean?
Then, add the chopped apple. I use a granny smith because that’s what I usually have at hand. But use any apple you have.
All there’s left to do is form them into balls and bake them until golden!
Other cookie recipes you may like
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal CookiesCourse: Dessert, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
100 g butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 200º. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Deseed and chop the apple into small pieces. You may peel it, but I usually don’t.
- Beat the light brown sugar and the butter, until creamy. Mix in one egg and the vanilla.
- Add the all-purpose flour, the rolled oats, the baking powder, and the cinnamon, and mix until combined. Stir in the apple.
- Divide the dough into 20 balls, place them on the baking sheets, and press down lightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
I hope you give this recipe a try!
and don’t forget to share your results with me! Find me on the internet on your favorite platform!