Aletria is a traditional Portuguese Christmas dessert. It’s basically sweet pasta, and it’s made with a very thin pasta similar to angel hair pasta. I didn’t even try to come up with my own recipe because my mother already makes the best Aletria, so I’m just sharing her recipe!Jump to Recipe
And don’t forget to check out the video I created for this recipe, so you can see how I make it! Find my YouTube channel here.
I hope you give this recipe a try! Share your creations with me on Instagram @beetherush_!
My Mother’s AletriaCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
500 ml water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cinnamon sticks
1 lemon (peel)
500 ml milk
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons milk
- To a pan, add 500 ml of water, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 2 cinnamon sticks, the peel of 1 lemon, and bring to a simmer.
- Add 250g of aletria, crumbling it with your hands. Keep stirring until the pasta absorbs all the water in the pan. Then, slowly add 500 ml of milk while stirring.
- Then, add 1 cup of sugar and stir until dissolved. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and stir until combined. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of milk. Quickly mix it into the aletria, as you don’t want the eggs to scramble.
- Remove the lemon peel and the cinnamon sticks and transfer to a big plate.
- You may sprinkle with cinnamon, but we usually use cinnamon to make decorative drawings on the aletria.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Sofia!
I love vegetarian food and traveling. Also, cats. Mostly cats. I hope you enjoy my recipes!