These tapenade palmiers are a savory version of the traditionally sweet palmiers. They are a delicious vegetarian option for party snacks/appetizers. Or you could have them for brunch.
Even though they’re easy to make (a bit of chopping and assembling) they look so pretty and delicate, everyone will be impressed by your amazing cooking abilities! They actually require little effort, but let’s keep that a secret!
And if they end up not looking so pretty, they’ll still taste delicious. You can enjoy them warm or cold.Jump to Recipe
Can it be made vegan?
These tapenade palmiers can easily be made vegan, by using vegan puff pastry, and by omitting the cheese or using vegan mozzarella. I used the vegan puff pastry from Lidl and was really pleased, and a bit surprised, by the results!
You could also swap any ingredient in the filling for others you either prefer or have at hand. This recipe is, usually, very forgiving!
Other recipes you may like:
I hope you give this recipe a try! Share your creations with me on Instagram @beetherush
And don’t forget to check out the video I created for this recipe, so you can see how I make it! Find my YouTube channel here.
Savory Tapenade PalmiersCourse: RECIPESCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
Crispy and delicious savoury tapenade palmiers.
1 sheet puff pastry
1/4 cup chopped black olives
1 crushed garlic clove
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes (preserved in olive oil)
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 of a cup of chopped black olives, 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of chopped sun-dried tomatoes (preserved in oil), 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, and 1/4 of a cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Spread the mix onto a sheet of puff pastry. Roll one side of the puff pastry into a cylinder, until you get to the middle of the sheet. Then, roll the other side.
- Wrap in parchment paper or cling film and let it rest in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the puff pastry into 1 cm slices and place them in the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or ultil golden and puffed.
- It doesn’t matter whether the puff pastry is round or rectangular, use whatever you have. I used a round vegan sheet of puff pastry from Lidl.
Check out my YouTube Channel
I share my ovo lacto vegetarian recipes and my experiences traveling as a vegetarian. Also, I will probably try to show you my cats (sorry about that)! If you’re vegetarian, or curious about vegetarian food, consider subscribing.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Sofia!
I love vegetarian food and traveling. Also, cats. Mostly cats. I hope you enjoy my recipes!