Every year I bake cookies and make tea to have while we build the Christmas tree! This year being extra hard on everyone, we needed a special cookie. So I came up with the recipe for these ginger cinnamon cookies. And I love them so much, I had to share my recipe with you!Jump to Recipe
I hope you give this recipe a try! Share your creations with me on Instagram @beetherush_!
Ginger Cinnamon CookiesCourse: RECIPES
100g butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon powder sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- Heat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream 100g of room temperature butter, 1/2 a cup of granulated sugar, and 1/3 of a cup of light brown sugar. Mix in one egg.
- Add 1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of ginger, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of powder sugar, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- Divide the dough into 20 balls, roll each one in the sugar-cinnamon-ginger mix, and flatten the cookies with your hands. Place them on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Sofia!
I love vegetarian food and traveling. Also, cats. Mostly cats. I hope you enjoy my recipes!