Curious about how to make bread at home?
So was I! And I realized it doesn’t have to be complicated, you could do it in 4 simple steps!
I love making bread at home and I’ve been trying all kinds of recipes! I have to say this no-knead multigrain bread, with occasional variations to the type of flour, has been my absolute favorite.Jump to Recipe
This no-knead multigrain bread is very easy to make, and you can make it in these 4 simple steps (and you get to rest between the steps)!
Mix everything together in a large bowl: all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, rye flour, corn flour, salt, light brown sugar, dry yeast, and hot water.
By corn flour I mean very finely ground cornmeal, not cornstarch. If you can’t get rye or corn flour, just substitute with all-purpose flour.
The water should be hot, but not boiling though, just hot to the touch!
Cover with cling film and let it rest for at least 3 hours. You may leave it to rest overnight if you want.
Place the dough on a well-floured surface and roll it into a ball. You may use a spatula to help you. Place it into a bowl lined with parchment paper. Cover with cling film (just use the same as before) and set it aside to rest.
Place your dutch oven in the cold oven and set it to 220º.
30 minutes later, carefully remove the dutch oven from the oven, place the dough inside it and cover it! Bake for 30 minutes. By then, if you feel it needs a bit more color, let it bake for 5 more minutes without the lid.
Take it out of the oven, being extra careful not to burn yourself.
Let it cool for a bit before you cut it!
Other recipes you may like:
- Oat Flour & Chia Seeds Pancakes
- Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Pancakes
- Homemade Roasted Butternut Waffles
I hope you give this recipe a try! Share your creations with me on Instagram @beetherush_!
And don’t forget to check out the video I created for this recipe, so you can see how I make it! Find my YouTube channel here.
No-knead Multigrain BreadCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
Easy no-knead dutch oven multigrain bread.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat bread
1/2 cup rye flour
1/2 corn flour (very finely ground cornmeal, not cornstarch)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tsp brown sugar
1 and 1/2 cups hot water
1 tsp dried yeast
- In a large bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, the whole wheat flour, the rye flour, the corn flour, the sugar, the yeast, and the salt. Add the hot water and mix until combined.
- Cover with cling film and let it rest for at least 3 hours.
- Line a bowl with parchment paper and get your dutch oven ready. Place the dough on a well-floured surface and roll it into a ball. Place it into the prepared bowl and cover with cling film and set it aside to rest. Place de dutch oven into the cold oven and set it to 220º.
- 30 minutes later, carefully remove the dutch oven from the oven, place the dough inside it and cover it. Bake for 30 minutes. If you feel it needs a bit more color, let it bake for 5 more minutes without the lid.
- Let it cool for a bit before you cut it!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Sofia!
I love vegetarian food and traveling. Also, cats. Mostly cats. I hope you enjoy my recipes!