What’s the only thing better than fluffy walnut cake? Walnut cake with caramel sauce!
Walnut cake has been one of my favorite cakes since I can remember. I’ve had this recipe in my head for quite a while, so when it came the time to try it, it turned out just how I wanted it on the first try! I guess it was meant to be!
And, even though this cake is delicious in itself, the caramel sauce makes everything better!
This one goes, without a doubt, to my “things I want to have with tea by the fireplace” club!Jump to Recipe
This is a one-bowl cake. All you have to do is to whisk the wet ingredients (eggs, oil, vanilla, and thick greek yogurt), and then gently fold in the dry ingredients (sugar, self-rising flour, cinnamon, and walnuts), being careful not to overmix the batter.
I use a sieve for the sugar, flour, and cinnamon because it makes it easier to mix in the dry ingredients without overmixing the batter.
Then, all that’s left to do is pour the batter into a lined loaf pan and bake at 175º for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
About 30 minutes in, I cover the cake with tin foil to prevent burning.
The Caramel Sauce
For the caramel sauce, add light brown sugar, soy milk, butter, and vanilla to a saucepan. Let it melt and come to a boil and then boil for about a minute.
Pour the caramel sauce on top of the walnut cake and enjoy!
Other recipes you may like:
- Simple And Delicious Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- Oat Flour and Chia Seeds Pancakes
- Homemade Roasted Butternut Waffles
I hope you give this delicious walnut cake with caramel sauce a try!
If you do, be sure to take a photo and share your creations with me on Instagram @beetherush_!
And don’t forget to check out the video I created for this recipe, so you can see how I make it! Find my YouTube channel here.
Walnut Cake With Caramel SauceCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Fluffy and moist walnut cake, with caramel sauce.
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup thick yogurt
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups self rising flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts
5 tablespoons light brown sugar
3 tablespoons soy milk
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 175º. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Then, add the vegetable oil, the vanilla, and the thick yogurt. Whisk until combined.
- Using a sieve, add in the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix until just combined and fold in the walnuts.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the caramel sauce, to a saucepan add light brown sugar, soy milk, butter, and vanilla. Let it melt and come to a boil and then boil for about a minute.
- Pour the caramel sauce on top of the walnut cake and enjoy!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi, I’m Sofia!
I love vegetarian food and traveling. Also, cats. Mostly cats. I hope you enjoy my recipes!